Gunnison County has a seven-decade history of library service to Gunnison and Crested Butte residents and visitors. Our libraries include Crested Butte Library, Gunnison Library, and the Somerset annex. The first library was established in 1939 in the basement of Webster Hall in Gunnison by the American Association of University Women with a grand total of 2,000 volumes. Finally, in 1965, Gunnison County designated this library the Gunnison County Public Library. In 1975 the library moved to its present Gunnison location and a small addition was completed in 1983. Much of this was made possible through the vision and support of local philanthropist Ann Zugelder for whom the library building is named.