Gunnison County Libraries is hiring for a Library Technician 2
Position open until filled.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PAY RANGE: $16.50 to $23.00
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to work with diverse populations and individuals
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with digital content management
- Experience with managing an organizational social media presence
- Willingness to work in Gunnison and Crested Butte
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Circulation Desk Duties: 40%
- Assists patrons in public access catalog searches, holds, locating library materials, library technology including making computer reservations, reader’s advisory and reference services by telephone and in person.
- Assists patrons with digital collections questions
- Assists patrons with basic computer help
- Registers new patrons and issues library cards; updates patron records when appropriate.
- Maintains patron confidentiality.
- Opens and closes library building following library procedures.
- Checks library materials in/out and renews according to district policy.
- Sorts and shelves library materials.
- Collects patron fines and then records in system. Collects monies for copying, printing and faxing.
- Processes new material.
- Packages and processes incoming and outgoing holds for courier in accordance with CLIC’s best practices.
- Monitors use of the library.
- Informs patrons of and enforces district library policies.
- Answers the phone.
- Performs other tasks assigned by management
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and committees.
Programming Duties: 20%
- Recruits for, plans, organizes, and implements educational and entertaining programs for adult and family audiences at both Gunnison & Crested Butte Libraries.
- Build community partnerships to help foster engagement through presentations and programs
- Research innovative programming opportunities locally and virtually
- Create relationships with authors and agents to facilitate author talks and visits
- Responds to community needs and requests for information best conveyed through programming
Marketing & Advertising Duties 20%
- Sends weekly ads to both weekly newspapers (GCT & CB News), Gunnison Country Shopper etc.
- Designs and helps distribute print flyers or handouts in Gunnison and Crested Butte
- Contributes and manages content for the Library District website gunnisoncountylibraries.org
- Maintains Library District social media accounts in accordance with District policies and procedures
- Aids and assists with marketing & advertising initiatives as needed
Periodical Duties: 10%
- Processes, catalogues and shelves current issues
- Converts current issues to back issues and shelves
- Monitors magazine budget under the guidance of the management
- Orders and processes billing statement sending original for payment
Maintains an up-to-date record of collection status; including titles, expiration dates, cost, account number etc.
- Assists management to evaluate periodical collection by performing collection analysis and usage studies
- Removes and recycles old issues as needed
Building Duties: Minimal
- Cleans the library when assigned opening duties, which may include shoveling snow from doorway to keep entranceways clear and safe.
- Tends the library house plants.
Miscellaneous Duties: 10%
- Cleans all DVDs and CDs as needed using DVD machine; orders supplies to support the machine
- Weeds materials
- Attend professional meetings to secure new knowledge and keep current with library trends
- Performs other tasks assigned, including one time and ongoing projects
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com