Center for Adult & Family Education
CAFE OFFICE HOURS
Tuesday: 9am-12pm, 2pm-5pm
or by appointment
Gunnison Public Library
307 North Wisconsin Street
Gunnison, CO 81230
Generously Supported By:
We seek to:
- Improve the quality of life for low-literacy community members
- Teach our students functional English, focusing on competencies for communicating and interacting with others in personal and professional settings
- Help our students lay the foundation for better living, both now and in the future
- Enable our students to become more fully involved with the education of their children
- Promote children’s literacy activities and encourage their academic success
- Connect our students and their families with resources and opportunities within our community that may serve their needs and enrich their lives
- English Language Learner (ELL) classes September through December and January through May.
- Adult classes Tuesday and Thursday mornings 8:30-10:30 am in the Gunnison Public Library.
- Adult classes Monday and Wednesday evenings 6-8pm in the Gunnison Community School.
- Children’s program and activities during all adult class times. Children age birth-14 receive an extracurricular and educational experience with dedicated instructors.
- GED program, including GED prep classes Tuesdays 5:30-7 pm at Gunnison Community School, and GED testing services available at Gunnison Public Library.
- Citizenship classes as needed and help anyone going through the Naturalization process.
- Driver’s license prep classes in Spanish and English every semester to help prepare students for the written and driving exam.
- Additional programs throughout the semester such as Dine & Discuss, Language Exchange and Cooking Matters Workshop. Click here for all offerings.
Fall Offerings: September 9-December 12
- Evening English classes: Mondays and Wednesday evenings 6-8pm at Gunnison Community School. Children 0-13 are welcome at no extra charge.
- Morning English classes: Tuesdays and Thursday mornings 8:30-10:30am at Gunnison Public Library. English literacy for adults and children’s programs.
- Evening GED Prep Classes: Tuesdays 5:30-7 pm at Gunnison Community School. Classes, one-on-one tutoring, and GED testing available for those who are age 17 and older.