Center for Adult & Family Education
The Center for Adult & Family Education provides affordable literacy instruction to Gunnison County adults and families who wish to improve their communication and living skills.
CAFE OFFICE HOURS
or by appointment
307 North Wisconsin Street
in Gunnison Public Library
Gunnison, CO 81230
Generously Supported By:
We seek to:
- Improve the quality of life for low-literacy community members
- Teach our students functional English, focusing on competencies for communicating and interacting with others in personal and professional settings
- Help our students lay the foundation for better living, both now and in the future
- Enable our students to become more fully involved with the education of their children
- Promote children’s literacy activities and encourage their academic success
- Connect our students and their families with resources and opportunities within our community that may serve their needs and enrich their lives
- English as Second Language classes September through May.
- One Multi-level class Tuesday and Thursday mornings 8:30-10:30 am.
- Two adult (beginner, intermediate, advanced) classes Monday and Wednesday evenings 6-8pm
- Two Family Literacy classrooms Monday and Wednesday evenings 6-8pm for children birth -13 years of age. Children receive homework support and special programming in collaboration with the City of Gunnison recreation department, Mountain Roots Food project and Gunnison Arts Center.
- Adult Basic Education and GED Preparation is offered on an as needed basis
- Citizenship classes are offered as needed and help anyone going through the Naturalization process.
- Dana Hersh-Program Coordinator
- Karen Hausdoerffer-ELL Instructor
- Kaylonn Tredway-ELL Instructor
- Stevie Kremer-ELL & GED Instructor
2018 Evening English classes: January 22-May. Mondays and Wednesday evenings 6-8pm. Children 0-13 are welcome at no extra charge.2018 Morning English classes: January 23-May, Tuesdays and Thursday mornings 8:30-10:30am. Adult classes