Center for Adult & Family Education
CAFE OFFICE HOURS
or by appointment
307 North Wisconsin Street
in Gunnison Public Library
Gunnison, CO 81230
Generously Supported By:
We seek to:
- Improve the quality of life for low-literacy community members
- Teach our students functional English, focusing on competencies for communicating and interacting with others in personal and professional settings
- Help our students lay the foundation for better living, both now and in the future
- Enable our students to become more fully involved with the education of their children
- Promote children’s literacy activities and encourage their academic success
- Connect our students and their families with resources and opportunities within our community that may serve their needs and enrich their lives
- English as Second Language classes September through May.
- One Multi-level class Tuesday and Thursday mornings 8:30-10:30 am.
- Two adult (beginner, intermediate, advanced) classes Monday and Wednesday evenings 6-8pm
- Two Family Literacy classrooms Monday and Wednesday evenings 6-8pm for children birth -13 years of age. Children receive homework support and special programming in collaboration with the City of Gunnison recreation department, Mountain Roots Food project and Gunnison Arts Center.
- Adult Basic Education and GED Preparation is offered on an as needed basis
- Citizenship classes are offered as needed and help anyone going through the Naturalization process.
- Dana Hersh-Program Coordinator
- Karen Hausdoerffer-ELL Instructor
- Kaylonn Tredway-ELL Instructor
- Stevie Kremer-ELL & GED Instructor
2018 Evening English classes: January 22-May. Mondays and Wednesday evenings 6-8pm. Children 0-13 are welcome at no extra charge.2018 Morning English classes: January 23-May, Tuesdays and Thursday mornings 8:30-10:30am. Adult classes