Now hiring a Children’s Instructor and Site Coordinator for evening English classes that meet Monday and Wednesday evenings September 13, 2017-December 18, 2017.
Send resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is September 1.
Center for Adult & Family Education
The Center for Adult & Family Education provides affordable literacy instruction to Gunnison County adults and families who wish to improve their communication and living skills.
CAFE OFFICE HOURS
Hours vary in the summer call for an appointment or ask for Mary at the front desk of the Library.
The CAFE office is located within the Gunnison Libary
307 North Wisconsin
Gunnison, Colorado 81230
Generously Supported By:
We seek to:
- Improve the quality of life for low-literacy community members
- Teach our students functional English, focusing on competencies for communicating and interacting with others in personal and professional settings
- Help our students lay the foundation for better living, both now and in the future
- Enable our students to become more fully involved with the education of their children
- Promote children’s literacy activities and encourage their academic success
- Connect our students and their families with resources and opportunities within our community that may serve their needs and enrich their lives
- English as Second Language classes September through May.
- One Multi-level class Tuesday and Thursday mornings 8:30-10:30 am.
- Two adult (beginner, intermediate, advanced) classes Monday and Wednesday evenings 6-8pm
- Two Family Literacy classrooms Monday and Wednesday evenings 6-8pm for children birth -13 years of age. Children receive homework support and special programming in collaboration with the City of Gunnison recreation department, Mountain Roots Food project and Gunnison Arts Center.
- Adult Basic Education and GED Preparation is offered on an as needed basis
- Citizenship classes are offered as needed and help anyone going through the Naturalization process.
- Mary Burt-Program Director
- Karen Hausdoerffer-ESL Instructor
- Kaylonn Tredway-ESL Instructor
- Marketa Zubkova-Adult Family Literacy Liasion, BIA Accredited Immigration Legal Representative
- Jorge Zarate-Children’s Teacher
Classes have ended for the 2016/2017 school year and will start again in September18 and 19. Registration September 19 6-8pm at the Gunnison School Community Library on 1099 North 11th Street for evening and morning classes.